Friday, January 18, 2013

Pride and Prejudice Bicentary Challenge

This year is the 200th anniversary of Jane Austen's popular novel, Pride and Prejudice. In celebration, Austenprose is hosting a Pride and Prejudice Bicentenary Challenge.

The Pride Prejudice Bicentenary Challenge (2013) 

I don't ever seem to be able to do as much reading as I'd like to, but I think I'm going to go all in on this one. The challenge is to read P&P related books (sequels, prequels, spinoffs) or watch P&P related movies throughout the year, based on a challenge level that you select. Since I'm feeling really good about this, I'm going with Aficionada, which is 9-12 selections. So, here's what I plan to read/watch over the next 12 months:

January --  reread Pride and Prejudice (what better way to start than with what started all of this!)
February -- read Mr. Darcy and the Secret of Becoming a Gentleman by Maria Hamilton
March -- read Charlotte: Pride and Prejudice Continues by Karen Aminadra
April -- 1995 BBC miniseries (ashamed to say I've never seen it!)
May -- read Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James
June -- read Georgiana Darcy's Diary by Anna Elliott
July -- read Pemberley to Waterloo: Georgiana Darcy's Diary Volume II by Anna Elliott
August -- watch the 2005 movie version
September -- read Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange
October -- read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
November -- reread Darcy's Story by Janet Aylmer
December -- watch Lost In Austen

Hopefully I can stick to this challenge faithfully and complete it. I'm trying to stay away from things that I have already read and seen, although I had to do that in the cases of January, August, and November. And now it begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment